Wednesday, May 4, 2016

10 year old wisdom

Yesterday was a rough day. We all have them every once in awhile but honestly, considering how the last six months have been, I haven't had too many rough days, honestly!  But yesterday hit me like a ton of bricks.  I was missing my grandpa.  Then part of building a business is working odd hours (on occasion) so Mike had a job over the dinner hour which left me alone with the boys and all hell broke loose.  And the weight of our lives now just me.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go back to my life before Nov. 11, 2015 - you couldn't pay me to do it.  But anyone who has ever had to do something really hard would tell you that there are days during that mountain climb that just get exhausting.  You question yourself, are you really doing the right thing?  Is this the journey you're supposed to be on?  Mike said to me the other day that this entire situation would be so much easier if he just had a "9 to 5" job, but then what would that solve?  A whole lot of nothing except yes, Mike would get his daily rhythm back which he so desperately desires.  I'm caught in the middle, a gentle balance between being a supportive wife and knowing my husband's heart is freshly transformed, and wanting to get this "show" on the road.  So, last night I was in the car with Nick.  I was driving home and it was dark.  We had the radio going and suddenly I just started crying.  I started to apologize to Nick immediately, not knowing what the heck had gotten into me.  Instinctively he shut off the radio, put his hand on my back and said, "Mom, just say Jesus.  After all, I learned that from you."  I did exactly what Nick instructed me to do and I instantly felt better.  Nick gave me a rare gift, and it was an added bonus that it just happened to be right before Mother's Day.  He reminded me that Jesus is always there, we just have to call out for Him, and it felt good to know that my boy actually listens to some of the things I try and teach him.  God is good, all the time!

No comments: