Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It's hard to say goodbye

In just two weeks I've taken two hits.  Our beloved neighbors are moving!  While they aren't going far, it's still a bitter pill to swallow.  Thankfully Nick and N. can still ride their bikes to each others house but soon when I look out my window and don't see them or their children it will make me sad.  For now, I'll enjoy it while they are still here.  They moved in three years ago, at a crucial time.  Nick desperately needed N's calm nature, his kindness and friendship.  When they moved in I never thought such a sweet friendship would develop between N. and Noah but three years later those two are still thick as thieves.  Their friendship is a perfect example of God's faithfulness.  This move is a positive one for our neighbors, and I have to trust God has a plan for us, just as He did three years ago.  My second big hit is my awesome co-worker, Vanessa, is going to work for another department.  Once again it's not all bad because she's not leaving the company but she won't be on my team anymore.  When I made the move to my current company five years ago, it was scary.  She took the scary out of it and made me feel at ease.  She's been so good to me and for me and I will miss her dearly.  Through all my seasons of change (more on that in another blog) I certainly know that change is part of life and I get that but sometimes I just want things to stay the same.  Oh, and along those same lines of change as I'm writing this blog Jay is on the trampoline with his new girlfriend.  Jay might be the only boy I know who asks a girl out on the last day of school.  But I digress...this blog is about change and it's certainly evident in my daily life. 
And I'll leave this blog with this picture.  I love that I'm a witness to this special friendship.  These boys will be using this road a lot in the months to come! 

No comments: