Monday, July 18, 2016

14 days down, 11 days to go

Yes, I'm frantically counting down the days I have until I get this blasted cast off my leg or at least I'm hoping to get it off in 11 days.  My doctor made no promises but I'm sure hoping and praying.  Having your mobility taken from you is no fun.  If you didn't love me, and I mean really love me, you would have no desire to be around me these days.  Even Nick told my mom privately that he was about to flip out, that he needed a break from his "handicapped" mother.  This season of my life has forced the boys to make do on their own.  They are having to figure out what to eat for breakfast and lunch (I still make dinner), along with many other small chores around the house.  I view their new forced independence as a positive thing and on days when I've felt guilty that we've spent the entire month of July staring at each other in the living room Mike is quick to remind me that the boys have access to a lake in which to fish in, kayaks, a trampoline, bows and an archery stand in the back yard (which they never use) and four wheelers but yet the boys still walk around like caged animals and argue.  I'm worn out!  I surrendered everything to God this weekend.  I just can't do it all anymore.  I can't cater to my children's whims, I can't quiz Mike about what business contacts he is or is not making (talk about a naggy wife), I can't handle every situation with a positive attitude, as much as I wish I could.  Recovering from my injury is now my number priority and I'm not use to putting myself as the number one priority but I have no other choice.  This injury has kicked my heinie and in order to be better for my family, I have to get better.  I know God is teaching me something and I'm trying to learn what it is.  Some days it's clearer than others. 

No comments: