Sunday, July 3, 2016

CIY, Pedi's and Uncle Mike's

 Jay got home from his Christ in Youth trip yesterday.  He loved it and so did Curt.  The pic above is of the boys with their other roomie, Sam.  Jay fell asleep in the living room last night at 5:30.  He got up at 6:30 to eat dinner and was showered and in bed (for good) at 7:30.  He slept until 8:15 this morning.  I don't think the boys slept more than 3 hours a night on their trip.  Jay wouldn't fully confess to me and I had to remind him that I wasn't mad, after all I went to camp when I was a kid.  I remember vividly living on very little sleep and lots of fun nights.  After sending both my boys off to camp this week it gave me an opportunity to reflect on my time at camp.  I was raised in a Christian home but it was my time at camp (when I was away from my parents) that I felt the closest to Christ and grew in my faith.  I am thankful to my parents for sending me to camp and giving me that opportunity. 
 On Friday I went to Laura's for some fourth of july pedicures.  It was just what I needed after a long week. 
                               Nick is in the picture but there was no pedi for Nick!  Ha. 

 Jay, fast asleep in the bean bag after returning from his trip.  Seriously, he hasn't fallen asleep in the living room since he was about 8 weeks old (kid you not) and even then, he'd fall asleep and then cry.
 My mom and Nick went to Sterling yesterday to visit grandma and then go to Uncle Mike's for fireworks.  A good time was had by all!

No comments: