Sunday, July 10, 2016

Our "Modern Family" Episode

 Yesterday was my cousin Michelle's wedding.  Sadly I did not get a picture of Michelle.  She was a beautiful bride.  I simply wasn't at my best yesterday which is my excuse as to why I didn't get a picture of her and her groom.  But the day did provide some laughs and as the evening went on I kept wondering how a major TV network hadn't picked up our family for a sitcom.  The day started off with my family getting me into the car, loading my scooter, and getting my leg propped (see picture above).  Nick took one for the team and within 10 minutes he was complaining his leg was numb.  My cast weighs a ton!  I then decided to prop my leg on the center consil (I have no clue how to spell that) and then Mike and Jay complained that my foot stunk (which is probably does but there's nothing I can do about it).  As we were driving around downtown Springfield I noticed Mike kept making wrong turns.  When I kindly said something to him, his response was, "Do you want to drive?"  I'm sure by now you are getting a real picture.  When we got to the reception my sister spent 90 minutes entertaining three kids under the age of 8 and one of them was my nephew, Luke.  Kim took the three kids on a walk then she had to keep Luke from pulling up her skirt during cocktail hour.  We proceeded into the reception area and couldn't find our table.  Meanwhile I'm hobbling around on my scooter and I have my three crabby boys (yes, Mike included) asking me where our table was.  I respond with my usual, "I don't know, I'm not in charge."  We do finally find our table and sit down at which time Luke starts saying vagina over and over again. Kim finally has to take him to the bathroom and wash his mouth out with soap.  I'm sitting in my chair with my leg propped up on my scooter and to top things off I wasn't drinking (for obvious reasons).  Lauren and Luke proceeded to start jumping on Jay (see picture below) and Jay informs me that he has poison ivy on his private parts!!!  It was about the time that my leg started hurting and I learned that Jay had an epic case of poison ivy that I thought it might be time to depart.  It was such a nice wedding and I was so glad I was able to go and see my cousin get hitched!!  Hopefully my Aunt Karen will give me some pics of Michelle!
 Jay and my Aunt Susan.  She is the oldest sibling of my dad and my Aunt Karen. 
 Here's me at the reception.  My leg and scooter didn't make this cut.  My sister got a real "beauty" of me at the church on my scooter.  Good times. 
 Here's Luke and Lauren jumping on Jay.  I'm pretty sure all Jay is thinking about it trying not to itch his privates! 
And finally, here's my sister trying to have a meaningful conversation with her nephew, Nick.  Again, a picture is worth a thousand words. 

No comments: