Friday, July 8, 2016

Fourth of July

 This fourth of July will be one we won't soon forget.  We were invited to a shrimp boil with Jay's friends parents but sadly by the end of the evening I had broken my ankle due to an unfortunate bike race.  I am now blogging in a cast which I will remain in until at least July 29 and sadly after that I'll be in a boot or splint for the next 3 months.  To say I'm discouraged and frustrated is an understatement but I'm trying (boy, am I trying) to stay positive. 
 We had our annual fourth of July parade in our neighborhood.  The boys always love it1 Noah got in for this picture too
 Lobster (Nick's fav) was included in the shrimp boil.  The picture above is Nick checking out what he was about to ingest.  Ha.
 Jay and his friends eating the shrimp.  The shrimp boil is always SO good.  There are potatoes, corn, shrimp, lobster...yum!!!

Nick and his buddies, Cole and Kel.  It really was a fun fourth, until I broke my ankle.  Needless to say we won't be forgetting this fourth of July anytime soon. 

No comments: