Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Thanks Mom

I'm intolerable these days.  You know it's true when my mom tells me she's reminded of how I was when I was a child - WHINY!  All I can say is I pray Jesus forgives me for my bad attitude during this season of my life.  To make matters worse I have pulled a muscle in my chest and for about 8 hours I fretted I might be having a heart attack but after nearly 14 hours my friend, Jenna, told me that if I was truly having a heart attack I'd probably be dead by now.  Good point!  No doubt I've pulled a muscle because it hurts when I catch my breath and when I stretch out the pain feels better.  When I sit in a chair, probably "scrunching" the muscle, it hurts!!  So I'm laying on the floor, stretching my body, with my 20 lbs cast!  Anyway, I digress.  I've proven my point by how long I complained in this blog and that is not the intention of this blog post.  This blog post is to thank my faithful and devoted mother.  She gets me.  She knows this is not "her Amy."  I remember when Jay had his finger surgery.  Right after his surgery I had to help him to go the bathroom because his operated finger was bandaged and he needed help.  I remember his 3rd grade face and voice vividly, almost like it was yesterday.  He looked at me and said, "thanks mom for being here and helping me."  My quick response was, "where else would I be?"  As moms we want nothing more than to comfort out kids during their times of need.  We don't think twice about it, we just know our "babies" needs us, no matter what their age.  I imagine that is exactly how my mom feels.  Her 42 year old baby has needed her (desperately) these last 4 weeks.  My mom has showed up on my door step for some good company, with food, shampoo, conditioner (oh yeah, she even washed my hair one day) and she's brought me so many books.  I'll be reading well into 2017.  She's thought of fun ways to get me out of the house and I know it's scary for her to watch her unbalanced daughter on those crutches!  So thanks mom, as your oldest grandson once told me, "Thanks for being here and helping me!"  Love you!

No comments: