Sunday, June 11, 2017

So far, so good

 Our summer is off to a good start.  As I mentioned in my previous blog Nick is involved in just enough activities that he isn't bored, or driving me crazy.  Jay is playing basketball every Thursday night in June and he's also been tagging along with Mike to some of his jobs.  Jay will detassel in July, and that will consume most of his time/days.  Jay has pretty much decided that for the remainder of his high school career his focus will be on basketball.  He's giving up football.  I didn't argue with him this year since he sustained that nasty concussion last season.  Plus Jay's heart isn't in football, which is kind of sad because he's an awesome wide receiver, but since football isn't his first love, if he has any love for it at all, and given the fact he'll be 16 soon and will probably look for a part time job, I was fine with him not playing football. 
 This picture is bad but Jay is the one handling the ball.  He's taking private basketball lessons right now and those seem to have helped him improve. 
 Nick and his friend, B. went to an overnight church camp this week.  This was the first camp of many more to come this summer for Nick. 
 I took the boys and we visited Grandpa Brad.  It was so sunny out it was hard to see, hence why I kind of cut off Jay's head in the picture - that and he's getting so tall! 

 Yesterday my mom invited the entire Schmidt family over.  It was the first time we were all together since Grandma's funeral.  Not everyone could join us this go around, but it was sure nice to be around our family and enjoy the company. 
 Craig got a motorcycle.  This is Craig and Kim with their cute helmets on, getting ready to take a spin.
 I love Lauren.  Mike was laying like this and she came right up and hugged him.  Mike is basically humoring her, and the hug didn't last long - just long enough for me to snap a picture. 
 My mom kills me in these sunglasses with her hat.  Let's just say it's a great conversation piece with big personality! 
As I write this blog, it's Sunday morning, and we are skipping church.  I hate skipping church, but we are all spent.  The boys are still sound asleep, and although Mike and I are up, he's asleep on the couch.  We both had a terribly busy week, and I'm enjoying the quiet of my house this morning.  The picture above is of Betsy, Laura and I and two of Betsy's friends.  Me, Betsy, Laura and Jenny put our money together and purchased a huge float this summer.  The 5 of us took our float our on its maiden voyage last evening.  What did we learn?  We learned we must have an anchor in the future.  The 5 of us girls ended up having to jump in the lake and swim with our float back to Betsy's dock.  That's another reason I'm doing as little as possible this morning!  Ha.  It was good exercise for me though and the water felt great! 

No comments: