Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Merry Christmas

 This Christmas was wonderful.  As my boys have aged I have truly enjoyed every year with them more and more.  I'm so aware that one day all this will be gone.  They won't be waking up at our house on Christmas morning.  I am trying to be so intentional and living in the moment.
 The dogs got Christmas sweaters.  Cole decided to wear his off the shoulder.  Ha.  Cole cuddled up next to Jay during present time.
 Jay wrapped Nick's present from him in duct tape.  It took Nick a painstaking and frustrating long time to get the present open.
 My mom, John and Linda and the Ausili's came out for Christmas day.  It was such a nice day with good food and good company.  This is Mike's motto (and mine too).  He wants a home where good food and good company is what people think of when they visit our home.
 These two.  What can I say about them?  Faith is a senior, a senior I tell you!  What in the world!  There just aren't words for this craziness!  Again I go back to being intentional.  I know my home and our times together will be staple for Faith as she gets ready to spread her wings and fly.
 Are you noticing a trend with Cole?  He's always in the thick of things.  He thinks he's a lap dog and has no concept of personal space.
 Jay made this centerpiece in his Ag class.  I thought it was beautiful and because it's real, it has a lovely smell.  Jay joked that he kept it in his locker for a day and his locker smelled like a forest.
 We got a ping pong table for the boys this year, but as with most things with my family, it wasn't as easy purchase.  I bought an inexpensive table from a sporting good store.  As Mike was putting it together it literally fell apart which did not bode well considering our boys and their friends would be using it.  We ended up getting a nice, well made table at another store in town.  By the time we take back the table that fell apart Mike will have made 3 trips for our boys' entertainment!  Never a dull moment in our house.  On a side note, the table is a huge hit.  My boys love it.  Curtis loved it and my mom even got to school the boys in it.
 These boys.  Curt spent the night on Christmas.  This is how I found them this morning, curled up on the chair (probably looking at tires on the internet) with yep, you guessed it, Cole.  Imagine that.
I was so happy Ausili's were able to join us this year.  In looking back I think it had been 2 years since they were last with us.  It was a real blessing to have them with us this Christmas.



                                                          Me and my momma!


 Mike baked a 12 lbs prime rib and it was delicious.  He made what is clearly becoming his specialty, his twice baked potatoes.
All eight of us.  I wanted to freeze this night, knowing how things change and having all eight of us together is a rare gift and one that won't last forever, but while it lasts I will sure soak up every second of it.

No comments: