Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

 In November I promised myself that I would be very intentional about what I did in December.  In other words I wanted to prioritize what was and what wasn't important to me.  My list of priorities included spending time with friends and family, going to church more regularly, spending more meaningful time in prayer and trying not to let the demands that December brings consume me.  Sadly work has been all consuming but there is really nothing I can do about that.  I remember a few Decembers ago I spent several weekends baking red cakes after red cakes to deliver to teachers at school.  I laugh about that now.  I was old enough to certainly know better.  I like to think I've "evolved" since then.  It was thoughtful but crazy!  Last Saturday I hosted Ausili's, Mary and John, Shannon and my mom for dinner.  It was an intentional act, something I really wanted to do.  My heart was so full that night, having all of my favorite people in my home!
 The kiddos.  I've been taking pictures of them (Faith's friend Daisy recently started joining us and she just adds to the sweetness of the group) around the tree for 17 years - the year Faith was born.  It's mind boggling to know how fast time has gone.
 I just thought this was sweet picture.  Jay has been working on an essay about "Hamlet" all week and this particular night Cole decided he cuddle up next to him.
 And here's Nana checking Jay's essay for sentence structure, etc....thank goodness for my mom, a former English teacher who knows a thing or two about grammar, spelling, vocabulary and how to form a sentence.
 Nick and his friend, B!  Nick and B get along so well because there is nothing "cityish" about B.  They are 2 peas in a pod.  In this picture they are in Nick's fort, chopping wood, and cooking burgers over an open fire.  It's the perfect afternoon in Nick's world.
My favorites!  How blessed am I to know and love these women?  As I write this I can't believe we are one week away from Christmas Eve.  I remember as a kid December seemed to go so slow but as an adult it flies by.  I will be taking some time off during the next week, which I'm looking forward to.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: