Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Bosses

Tonight I had dinner with my former boss, Jill.  Jill was my boss was nearly 14 years.  I was a fresh faced 23 year old college graduate and she took a chance on me and gave me my first professional level job.  Then, when I was 37 years old I was offered a new opportunity that I now know was orchestrated by God.  I walked into Jill's office and gave her my 2 week notice.  She was shocked and probably hurt, although my decision to leave had nothing to do with her.  In my going away card she wrote, "Amy, say the word, we can stop the presses."  But leaving was what I had to do.  Since I left my former employer she retired and we've continued to keep contact.  She's hired Mike several times to do work on her house and our faith is what cements us.  I told her tonight how happy I am that we've maintained our relationship through the years. I've been really blessed with great bosses throughout my professional career - all of them women.  Wanda has been my boss for 8 years and in March I will transition to a new position and have a new supervisor who has the name of none other than Amy.  My new role will require me to learn new states but in the long run I think it will be good for my career.  What I am thankful for is the kind women that have lead me during my professional career.  I have no doubts that Amy will be the best combination of Jill and Wanda!  

No comments: