Thursday, January 16, 2020

Happy 18th Birthday, Jay

18 years flies by.  Kid you not.  Don't blink because it goes so fast.  There was a time when I thought my nights of giving my boys a bath, followed by reading them a story would never end.  Truth be told there were many nights I was so tired that I wished they would end sooner than later.  Those nights are long gone now.  If I could have one more night to give them baths, listen to them giggle in the tub while splashing water all over the place I'd do just about anything to get it.  I can still smell their freshly shampooed hair and I can still recite "Good Night Moon."  Today my oldest son became a legal adult.  This weekend he celebrates his birthday by taking off with his buddies and going skiing.  What a great way to celebrate adulthood!  I love Jay's group of friends! Last Friday night I had a dinner party for family to celebrate his birthday.


                                      His friends all came to eat dinner with us.  Love them!
I call this picture, Jay and his ladies.  Jenny Ausili is missing but she was sure in our hearts.  These are just a few of the women who have loved and prayed for Jay over the years and Lauren is just an added bonus as she loves her oldest cousin!  When Jay was little my mom was my biggest cheerleader.  She encouraged me and nothing Jay did ever surprised her or appalled her.  She kept saying, "Keep going, Amy, he'll be fine, he's not built yet."  Thanks mom!  Getting Jay to this age was truly a group effort. I leaned on God, Mike and my mother!  I wrote Jay a letter on his birthday and gave him some of my best "mom" advice.  I reminded him that raising boys is like enduring a slow break up for us moms.  We are raising these boys into men.  The goal is for them to flourish, move out and spread their wings.  But Jay always remember how much your momma loves you and my arms will always be open to receive you!  Now go out and live your life to its fullest and do small things in great ways (Dr. Martin Luther King)!

No comments: