Thursday, January 9, 2020

N.Y.E.

We spent NYE on the ship, sailing.  Kim had shirts made for us and we got our picture taken that night.  It was a huge accomplishment as Mike and my boys complained relentlessly.  In fact when the picture was over Mike gave his T-shirt to our photographer.
One of the best things about the trip was my boys got along.  It wasn't perfect all the time but overall they got along and laughed together - hence the picture above.  I bought them Hawaiian shirts and they agreed to get their picture taken in them.  Their idea, not mine!
Luke and Nick got matching shirts.  So cute.  On NYE I had made dinner reservations on a nice restaurant on the ship.  I had made the reservations 12 weeks prior to when we sailed.  When we boarded I was told they had no reservations for us!  Eventually I had to get fairly aggressive with the reservation host.  The good news is all 9 of us had a wonderful meal together!




It was a lovely evening.  We were all in bed fairly early but hey, we figured if we went to bed at 9pm Hawaii time, it was already Jan. 1 Illinois time!  What a memorable NYE!!

No comments: