Friday, August 26, 2022

The Next Chapter

Yesterday we broke mom out of the nursing home.  Not really but it felt good to get her out of there.  We moved her into her forever home.  It's really a community.  Kim and I made decision to move mom into an assisted living facility that also offered skilled nursing home care.  Mom was in agreement with this.  The reason why we made this decision is so that when and if mom needs skilled nursing home care there won't be a question of where she will go.  She will stay within the community that she lives in, where people already know her.  Over time it will become home to her.  Kim and I especially feel very good about mom's placement.  We feel she will thrive in her enviroment as she continues to recover.  
 None of this has been easy.  In fact the past 6 weeks have been hands down the most difficult season of my entire life and I've had a lot of yuck the last 5 years.  Mom, Kim and I faced challenges that I couldn't have foreseen.  Each day presented new challenges.  Mom's hospital stay was bad enough but we had no idea what we were in store for at the nursing home.  I'm praying that soon the three of us will be entering a season of rest and grace.  

No comments: