Monday, August 8, 2022

This, that and the other

Given all the events with my mom this past month I haven't had a lot of time to blog about my boys.  Nick is living his best life.  He spent the last week in July in the Ozarks with his good friend, Logan, and his family and loved every minute of it.  According to Nick, Logan's mom is the best cook ever.  Ha.  Speaking of Logan's mom she took this picture of Nick (above) and the boys (below).  I am so thankful for the solid friendships my boys have.  Nick continues to work full time.  He made the difficult decision not to play football this year.  In May he asked Mike and I if he could quit and we said No but as time went on I could see how unhappy he was.  Mike, Nick and I sat down together in mid-July and talked about.  After discussing it as a family and hearing Nick's reasons for not wanting to play we gave Nick our blessing.  It's kind of bittersweet.  

Mike had my stock tank ready to go over Memorial Day weekend.  I have not used it as much as I would have liked this summer but Jay does.  Ha!  This past Saturday I felt like I could finally catch my breath a bit.  The weather was hot and sunny.  Jay and I (and Cole) hung out in the tank.  It's really nice being able to just hang out with my 20 year old.  
We closed on mom's house on Friday, Aug. 5.  What a huge relief.  I am so thankful for friends who helped Kim and I and sweet Mary who sold mom's house.  What a blessing!  Now Kim and I can put all of our energy into finding the right home for mom (more on that later) and make sure she gets the proper care.  Mary took us out for drinks after the closing to celebrate.  
 

No comments: