Monday, August 29, 2022

Weekend Gatherings

Oh my goodness did I have a great weekend!  After the last 6 weeks it was so nice to be around people, laughing and enjoying good conversation.  On Friday night we celebrated with a wedding.  Ryan and Jenna have a beautiful story.  A perfect example of God's grace and redemption.  It was a joy to be a part of their day.  The picture above is of our friends that we met when our kids were in first grade.  Even though our boys will soon be 21 this group continues to be friends.  I always enjoy getting together with them.  
And speaking of first grade!  Aaron's birthday is next week.  I have a picture of these three when they were six, under my pine tree.  I'm re-creating the picture with this picture.  I just love these three boys!
                           An added blessing.  I got to spend time with Karen at the wedding.  
On Saturday some of my friends from SF came over.  Karen, Jill and Jen.  We ate dinner on my patio and posed for this picture around my stock tank.  Jill hired me when I was a fresh faced 23 year old.  She was my boss for 16 years.  We are still friends today!  On Sunday Mike and I went to church and I ended the day with my bible study group.  

I woke up this morning feeling physically tired but mentally restored.  I truly feel a season of rest and grace is coming.  
 

No comments: