Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nick's Poop Issues

Sometime before Thanksgiving Nick must have pooped & it must not have been a pleasant experience for him because ever since Thanksgiving he has perfected the "art" of holding his poo. He will go days without pooping........I think his record is 4 days. Most weeks he goes 3 days without pooping. Can you imagine? I'm grouchy if I don't go every day. His doctor suggested to me last week that I give him Miralax daily. The goal is to make it very difficult for Nick to continue to hold his poo. She said this is an issue we need to take care of pronto because it will lead to problems later. I'm happy to report that after one week of using Miralax he is going every other day and tonight for the first time ever (at least since Thanksgiving) he has pooped twice since he got home from daycare.
I knew he was thinking about it tonight because he was using his fake phone to call Holly (my daycare provider's daughter, his favorite girl) and I heard him say.........."Holly, do you go poop at college?" About that time he got up and announced he had to go poop again tonight! Way to go, Nick!!!!

No comments: