Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a week!!!

Well I'm happy to report that Nick and I are both feeling better. Nick still has a little bit of a cough but he's not running a fever and he's sleeping through the night except last night when he came into our room at 2:30 a.m. to report he couldn't find his shark blankie. Then at 3:30 a.m. he came back to our room carrying his other blankie (giraffe blankie) because he wanted me to have it. At 4:00 he was up because his music had shut off and at 5:00 he was up again because he wanted me to rock him. Needless to say it was a long night. Nick and Jay both sleep like rocks so it's very rare that I'm up with them.
Last night was the first night in 10 days that I didn't run a fever. I went to the doctor today and he said I probably have 5th disease. At this point the virus is about over with. I just have a lovely rash now that I get to show off at a public water park this weekend.
The weather here is absolutely freezing. Jay hasn't been to school since Tuesday and he doesn't have school tomorrow either. I feel like this is how it is in Alaska. Speaking of Jay.....I was so proud of him tonight. Jay has struggled with reading since school began. He is pulled out of class daily to get one on one help with his reading which has really benefited him. His attitude about reading has gotten much better through the months. I could care less how long it takes Jay to read as long as he feels good about it. Tonight as I was putting him to bed I picked a fairly easy book for me to read to him because it was getting late. Jay saw what I had picked and wanted to read to me tonight. He read all of "All By Myself" by Mercer Mayer, literally all by himself. What I was so happy about was the look in his eyes when he was done. He was so pleased with himself.
On that note........I'm off to wrap a certain almost 7 year old birthday present.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yay! I'm so excited you started a blog! I love reading all of the little stories about Jay and Nick. They crack me up! :)