Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What will Nick say next?

We have finally turned a corner with Nick and potty training or rather poop training. As of 2 weeks ago he was having quite a time with figuring out that it was okay to poop. Now that he has the "hang of it" he's obsessed with talking about it. Tonight, Mike and I took the boys to Outback Steakhouse. Before our dinner came Nick told me he had to go to the bathroom. I take him and he poops. When we get back to the table our dinner had arrived. We sat down to eat when the manager comes to our table to ask how our meal is and Nick very proudly responded by saying, "I POOPED." I think I turned every shade of red. Thankfully the manager had a good sense of humor and kids of his own. Then sometime during the meal I excused myself so I could go potty. I was about 5 feet away from our table when Nick asked me where I was going. I told him I was using the potty and I would be right back. As only Nick can do...........he then yelled, "ARE YOU GOING POOP, MOM?" I think this time my eyes about bugged out of their sockets. Mike & Jay could hardly contain their laughter. It's always a "treat" going to a restaurant with Nick. One never knows what he'll say next.

No comments: