Thursday, April 9, 2009

15 years and counting!

Fifteen years ago today was the night my good friend, Mary Fox, called me on the phone to see if I wanted to go out with her and her boyfriend, Mark, and his friend, Mike. My response was, "Mike who and is he ugly?" Turns out he wasn't ugly! And when he picked me up that night, the first thing he did was crack a joke with me (for those of you who know Mike this was and is a really big deal). I was hooked! Honestly, I really was smitten and so was Mike. We've been together ever since. Sure, we've had our bad days but never once have either of us thought about not being together.
On nights like tonight when we took both boys dinner, which is always challenging, I think of those early days when we "were young and in love." Doesn't every couple remember the "good ole days?" But, here we are 15 years later with two beautiful and very different boys. So, our dinners out in public may be a challenge but I wouldn't trade any of my boys and I certainly wouldn't change anything during the last 15 years.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

Turns out he wasn't ugly...that cracks me up. Mom and I were just happy that he had a job and wasn't in jail