Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Making Mommy Smile

I was greeted with a running hug from Jay tonight when I got home from work. It was so nice! Then Nick popped his head around the corner and gave me a big hug too, along with his usual cuddle....which is him rubbing his cheek against mine. After dinner, Jay and I took a walk/run. He is faster than the wind. We have plans to run a 5K this summer and I don't know if either of us will be ready for it but I like the one on one time I've been able to spend with him. Jay appears to me to be more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. He beats me every time. As usual I was running behind him tonight and it was like staring at a little Brad Bushman. I sware his form is just like my dad's. Crazy!
I'm looking forward to Nick's 3rd birthday tomorrow. Nick is the second child that might not have happened. When Mike and I married, he only wanted one child and made that very clear and I was 100% fine with that. When Jay was about 12-months old I told Mike that I simply couldn't do it just one time around. I was prepared to "make my case" but Mike said he was fine with having another child, we just needed a bigger house. So, the rest is history. Nick was born at 10:01 a.m. on April 30, 2006 and he certainly completed our family, the constant ring in our ears can prove it!

No comments: