Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Parenthood

Being a parent is hands down the hardest job in the world. I work way harder at home than I do at work and that is not to say I don't work at work because I do but I have so much invested and care so deeply about my children. Tonight, the minute I got home from work I realized Nick had pooped his pants (AGAIN). I put him on the potty while I started dinner. When Mike went to check on him there was poop all over Nick, the toliet, his clothes, need I go on? It was a dirty situation! Mike took Nick for a bath while I finished dinner. Mike is very calm and patient with the boys but when daddy "takes charge" they know he means business. Mike and Nick did not come back downstairs for quite awhile. Nick had to get himself changed and ready to come down for dinner which took awhile. In the meantime, I realized that Jay got a "red note" from school which is not good. He immediately started to cry over it, big crocodile tears too. Jay has a big fear of failure and cannot stand it when he disappoints anyone of an authority figure. The bottom line is parenting is hard work, there are constant fires that need to be put out and even once they are out you question if you put them out the right way or if there was another way of putting them out. And sometimes just when you think you put that fire out for good, it re-kindles itself.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

parenting is hard work. Jay and Nick are lucky to have such good parents who take their job very seriously