Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nick's new daycare setting

Nick started at his new daycare/preschool yesterday. Once we hit Veterans Pkwy today and yesterday he started telling me to turn back so he could go home. When he realized we weren't going home, he insisted I take him to his nana's house. Yesterday I was able to drop him off with no tears. He wasn't thrilled about it but he wore his frog shirt so he was showing his new teacher his frog shirt when I left. Today....things didn't go so smoothly. I left him in tears, kicking and screaming on the floor. It was a hard visual to go to work with. I did call later in the morning to check in and his teacher said he was having a rougher day but that was to be expected. He insisted to his teacher that he needed to call me because he had a question for me (this is typical of Nick, everything is........"I have a question"). The teacher told him they couldn't call me because the phone in the room could only receive calls, not dial them out. My sharp as a whip, Nickel Pickel, told his teacher to get some batteries in that phone so he could call his mom and ask her a question.
I'm hoping tomorrow goes smoother but if it doesn't, I'm patient. I know he'll eventually adjust. The nice thing about this new "setting" is it's so close to my work. However, with that goes a long drive to and from work with Nick. He's already been bossing me around as to when we listen to the radio, how long we listen to it, how loud it is and what we listen to. Ugh!

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

He will soon love school..hang in there