Thursday, August 20, 2009

One H*&^ of a Week

It's been a week! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Jay is slowly recovering from surgery a week ago. Nick has his good days and bad days when it comes to dropping off at his new school/daycare. I got a small glimpse of what it would be like if I had a child who wasn't healthy. Jay got up every night this week crying and in pain. By the third night I wasn't sure I could take much more, not because I was exhausted but it's really hard to see your child in pain. It has made me thankful that my sons are healthy. Yesterday morning I had been up a lot during the night with Jay so I was exhausted (which never helps anything). Jay had finally gotten to sleep around 5am only to be woken back up at 6:30 so I could take him to his grandparents house so I could go to work. The entire drive he looked pathetic. He didn't feel well and was tired. Then when I got Nick to preschool, he cried. I know he just needs to get use to it but it doesn't make it any easier for me. I decided that if the boys would have stuck knives in my heart that morning it still wouldn't hurt as bad as the guilt I felt yesterday morning. But as any working mom knows, I put a smile on my face and was ready for my meeting by 8:30 that morning, trying to not think of my 7 year old, exhausted and in pain from his surgery and my 3 year old, crying and trying to adjust to a new school.
Today has been a better day, that's for sure. Jay seems to have turned a corner today and is actually spending the night with his grandparents. Nick still cried this morning but I was able to get him settled down so I left watching him getting settled to play. Can you say, TGIF?

No comments: