Monday, August 17, 2009

Siebert Boys Update

Jay is recovering nicely from his surgery. He still isn't himself but he's eating and getting along pretty good. He has been a delight since his surgery and I'm not kidding. He hasn't whined or complained once and he would certainly be entitled to. He was up last night at 3am shaking from the amount of pain he was in but didn't cry. Once he gets his pain meds, he's good to go. Right now, his throat isn't bothering him at all, it's his jaw.
I am also happy to report that Nick did not cry this morning at drop-off. In fact, he told me to leave. I guess I lingered too long and he looked right at me and said, "You can go now." HUH? Over the weekend his preschool threw a grand reopening party so Nick and I attended. I think it really helped him. He could see his school is a place where you go to have fun!
I also found out today that Jay got Miss Snowden for 2nd grade. I know nothing about her, other than she's fresh out of college and she's impressed the heck out of our principal. Our prinicipal told me that Miss Snowden is one of those people who knew she wanted to teach since she was little, he said she was born to teach! School is undoubtly hard for Jay so I think having a teacher fresh out of school with a lot of energy will be good for him. I'm personally looking forward to 2nd grade.

1 comment:

Christy Kelson said...

I'm so glad to hear about Nick!!!!!!!!