Friday, August 14, 2009

A Sick Confession

I have a confession and it's an ugly one. I really enjoy it when Jay doesn't feel well. Before I go any further, let me first say I do not ever wish that he gets sick or have a painful procedure. But when Jay gets down he is the most polite, easy-going, loving child. He doesn't whine or complain, he just wants to hang out at home and be close to his family which really is part of his overall personality, it's just increased when he doesn't feel well. Since he had his tonsils out yesterday he is remaining true to his usual "sick" personality. He even hugged Nick this morning. He has been chatting with me all day. I accidentally dropped one of his new cars today and a piece broke off. I apologized right away and his response was, "That's okay, mom, it's no big deal." HUH???
I laugh because my mom said the same thing about me when I was a kid and I got sick. I was such an active kid that I never sat still which is exactly how Jay is. It's just nice to see him take a breath for a second and I can write that without any guilt because he hasn't experienced much pain, so far. He's taking his pain meds every four hours so we are staying on top of it. When he was a toddler and got sick, he would let me rock him. Jay didn't like to be rocked much past 8 months old so getting to rock him when he was a sick toddler was truly a rare treat.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

It's ok we all love to cuddle with our kids every chance we get