Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Patient

Jay had his tonsils and adnoids out today. Tonight, he is doing well but I hear days 2 and 3 are not pleasant so we'll see how he does tomorrow. He is taking his medicine and eating and drinking which is good! The only difficult part (today) was when he came out of anethesia. I'm sure that is tough for all kids. There were 3 little kids (including Jay) who had tonsil surgery and all 3 of them were howling in the recovery room when they came to. The only other "hurdle" was me almost fainting when Jay came out of surgery. He was upset which made me upset and I had not eaten breakfast. Before I knew it Mike was telling me I was white as a ghost and to sit down. Once I sat down and drank a Pepsi, I was fine.
We'll see how Jay progresses through the weekend. I'm hoping and praying it's smooth sailing for him.

No comments: