Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Daddy Factor

When school started, Mike decided to go to work in the middle of the night (I consider anything before 4:30, the middle of the night, ha) so he could pick Jay up from school everyday. Mike leaves for work around 4:15 and days that he travels, he leaves around 3:30 and yet I still go to bed earlier than he does. It has really worked out well. Recently, my mom shared a cute story with me. She said her and Jay were driving in the car, just the two of them. My mom asked Jay how he liked having his dad pick him up from school. Jay responded by saying, "I like it, nana, I really, really like it." Cute! Then, one day this week, it worked out to where my mom picked him up from school. She said that when Jay saw her his eyes got big and it looked like he wanted to run to her and hug her but he restrained himself. I laughed about this with my mom because Jay won't hug me, let alone kiss me, when I get the opportunity to drop him off at school. Mike overheard this entire conversation and said that almost everyday Jay greets him with a running leap/hug. I guess Jay decided that it is socially acceptable to hug your dad in public but not your mom or nana. Oh well...........he will still greet me with hugs at home, as long as no one is looking!

No comments: