Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Forgetfulness

One of the first things I do when I get home from work is to go through Jay's back-pack. Yesterday I noticed his glasses weren't in his bag, nor had he turned in his homework and his reading log was missing. Jay and I concluded he might have lost his glasses at the bus stop but when we checked last night, no luck. This morning, when I put him on the bus, I'm going to talk to the bus driver to see if they were found and do a quick check of the bus myself.
Then, I pointed out to Jay that when he spends so much time doing his homework, it's important that he turn it in! And who knows where his reading log is. Today, I'm sending him to school with a list that consists of: FINDING HIS GLASSES, his reading log and turning in his homework. And I wouldn't tell him this but even if he does nothing else today but find his $230 pair of glasses, I'll be satisfied.

No comments: