Sunday, September 13, 2009

Prayer for my Children

Today, the boys and I are finally headed back to church. We took a long break this summer. There really is no excuse because Jesus certainly doesn't take a break from us. I just got lazy. I created a habit all summer so Jay is fighting me on going tooth and nail this morning. We will be attending church in a few weeks with our friends, the Ausili's, at Eastview. I am looking forward to that but until then the boys and I are headed to our small church in Danvers today.
The boys and I have a daily prayer that we say every weekday morning before we head off to work and school. Since Nick is only three, he still likes the prayer and actively participates. Jay will participate most mornings but it depends on his mood. I've told him that he doesn't have to say the words or even hold our hands for the prayer but he has to be quiet and respectful or I threaten him with getting out at the bus stop and hugging him in front of all of his friends. That is enough to make him be quiet and respectful during our prayer.
Our daily prayer goes like this: "Dear Lord, as we start our day to go out and play, let all we meet along the way see you in us and be by our side throughout our day. Amen." It's short and sweet and I like it!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Cute prayer. I like it too! and I LOVE that you threaten Jay with hugging him at the bus stop. Hilarious!

The Stille's said...

I like it too!!