Friday, December 18, 2009

Nick & the Abominable Snowman

While in Disney one evening Nick sat down to watch Rudolph. Rudolph is a classic cartoon and most of us remember the Abominable Snowman who comes up from the ground beating his chest and making obnoxious noises. Nick was happily enthralled with Rudolph until Mr. Abominable appeared. He ordered my mom and I to turn the T.V. off because "that snowman scares me." When I didn't immediately comply, his order turned into a frantic plea. I turned the cartoon off but my mom and I shared a chuckle. I'm not use to my boys being afraid of anything, honestly. For example, Nick rode all kinds of rides in Disney that would have been scary to any other 3 year old. He rode adult rollar coasters, took a ride on splash mountain and went through the haunted mansion which is down right dark and creepy. Nick never made a peep on those rides to indicate he was the least bit scared. In fact, he jumped off of all the rides and promptly proclaimed, "I wanna do that again." But yet, he couldn't quite take the likes of the abominable snowman! Go figure!

No comments: