Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

My visit with good friend, Melissa, provided me with yet another topic for my blog. When we returned from our dinner, her mother was giving her two girls a bath. As we were walking upstairs to join her mom and see her girls, I heard her older daughter singing the cutest song about a zoo. I noticed I didn't hear any obnoxious yelling, no farting or burping, just a nice melody in a cute toddler voice! We got to the bathroom and Mel's mom commented to me that it must be different for me to see two girls taking a bath instead of two boys, meaning the anatomy is different! But it wasn't the anatomy that was so "different" to me especially since I give my niece plenty of baths but it was the undeniable fact that the girls weren't trying to drown each other, make obscene noises or have the bathroom so wet that it looked like the parting of the red sea. But I suppose the differences between boys and girls is what makes the world go around. Certainly, as an adult I appreciate the differnces between Mike and I. Children in general give their parents lots to smile, worry, laugh and stress about and that is something every parent can agree on whether they have boys or girls!

No comments: