Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Disney High-Lights

I'm back!!! We returned from our Disney trip today and what a trip it was. We truly enjoyed ourselves. The boys are napping as I write this blog as they are just as exhausted as I am. Here are a few high lights from our trip:
  • One night my mom, Nick and I were on a boat to go to downtown Disney. Downtown Disney was new to my mom and she had no idea what to expect. I think I must have told her we were going to downtown Disney 5 different times. When we got on the boat she asked me (like an 80 year old woman)........"Where are we going, Amy, Gap-Town?" I busted out in laughter and wished my sister was there so we could make fun of mom together. Mom had a good laugh over it too and me writing this blog poking fun at her is all meant in good fun. I love ya mom and I'm so glad you joined us on this trip. My mom was also great to keep me company during the trip. Eighty-percent of the time Mike and Jay did their own thing so me, Nick and mom hung out a lot.
  • Nick's reaction to Disney was mixed. As his mother I either wanted to strangle him or hug him. The first two days we were there he was kind of a royal pain and complained a lot. He expressed several times he just wanted to go home. But the last two days we were there he really came out of his shell and seemed to have a good time. He even rode his first "adult" rollar coaster and loved it. One night while riding home on the mono-rail, we struck up a conversation with gentleman and told him we were from Illinois. He asked Nick, "Do you have snow in Illinois?" Nick boomed back........"No, but we have tractors."
  • Disney was a pure delight for Jay. He was the perfect age. He has his dad's stamina. He and Mike would be the first people at the parks when they opened and they usually wouldn't get home until 9:30 or 10:00. Jay is always the perfect child when he is doing exactly what he wants to do, however the "schedule" that he ran on did catch up with him. He was meaner than a snake today on the flight home. He's napping now and I can count on one hand how many times Jay has taken an afternoon nap since he was 3 so needless to say he was literally wiped out from all the Disney adventures. His favorite rides were: Rock 'n Roll Rollar Coaster (Mike's fav too), Space Mountain and Expedition Everest - all fast coasters. Jay also loved Epcot, something that surprised me. During the week days, Jay was continually asking me what he would be doing at school at that particular hour. It was a crack-up. He was glad to be away from school but yet it was still on his mind.
  • My mom and I loved the ride "Soarin." A friend of mine had told me the that waiting in line was worth the wait and that proved to be true. It was an awesome experience. I could "sore" all day.
  • My mom gave me something to laugh about but I also gave her something to laugh about. One night as we were leaving Magic Kingdom and I was exhausted (but happy) I commented to my mother in my most nieve tone......."Gee, mom, Disney is a whole lot different when you're going as a parent." My mom broke out in gales of laughter. What I meant by that comment was waiting in lines never bothered me when I went with Mike 10 years ago but the crowds and the lines bothered me more this time but probably because I had two little kids to contend with. My mom and I commented several times how nice it was to go in December as we didn't have the heat to deal with but yet it was still nice. We wore shorts most of our days.
  • My final comment about Disney is the transportation system.......Buses & Scooters = Royal pain in the ass! Anyone reading who has been to Disney will know what I'm talking about.

I'll post pictures from the trip tomorrow night, stay tuned.

No comments: