Monday, December 7, 2009

R.I.P. Kitty

It's official, Kitty died! Her suspicious behavior started late last week. By Saturday, Jay knew she wasn't feeling well but we were all hoping she would turn the corner.
When I checked on Kitty this morning (before I woke Jay up) it was evident she had passed during the night. I didn't want Jay to discover his turtle had died before he went to school so I positioned her her tank to look like she had been moving. To my advantage she died with one eye open and one shut so I made sure when I positioned her, her "good" eye was facing outward, towards Jay's room.
After work and school today I broke the bad news to Jay. He cried but handled it quite well. He and Mike dug a hole in the frozen ground tonight and buried her. Mike said Jay was very particular in how he wanted her positioned in the hole.
In trying to see the positive from all this...........she could have died while we were in Disney, making a "lovely" smell for us to come home to.

Rest in peace, Kitty!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh poor Kitty and Jay! That is too sweet and I'm laughing out loud about your comedic take on everything!