Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Resolutions

I admit it, I usually don't make new year's resolutions but this year I did. I try to make resolutions that are reasonable and something I really want to improve on. I'm going out on a limb this year because I'm actually putting them down in writing which holds me accountable at the end of the year to see how I did.
My 2010 resolutions include:
-Growing in my spiritual journey. This is also one area where I really lack as a mother. I do not have the boys in church, learning about Jesus, nearly enough. My goal is to make it to church 3x/month. I also want to branch out a little bit and try some new churches.
-Watch my finances. I want to be more aware of anything I'm spending money on that I don't need. My impulsivity and money have improved leaps and bounds compared to even 5 years ago but there is still progress that can be made.
-I want to work out 30 minutes 4 days/week. I haven't quite decided when I will do this. The reality of this is I won't get up in the mornings. I have the best intentions but when the alarm goes off and I think about going down to my cold basement in the dead of winter, let's just say I'd rather have a root canal. I should work out over lunch but that would require a gym membership (which contradicts my 2nd resolution). I'm still mulling this over so stay tuned.
-I want to do one activity one-on-one with each one of my boys each month. During January Jay has picked to go ice-skating so I'll be heading out to the rink, just Jay and I. These activities don't have to cost money. Today, I sat with Nick and played play-doh and he was happy as a clam.
-I want to scrapbook a one-page lay out per week. I love to scrapbook but I have gotten so far behind. The thought of selling off my scrapbook stuff actually crossed my mind recently but the bottom line is I love to do it and it brings me a lot of enjoyment. I just need to devote more time to it.

So, here's goes to my 2010 resolutions! Hopefully I can stick to them.

2 comments:

Steph said...

So, I actually laughed out loud about the root canal comment. So funny. I AGREE! I need to work out but mornings are OUT! When else is there time?? Well, maybe right now, but I'm checking blogs. hehe

LOMO Family said...

Don't you dare sell your scrapbook stuff...I will miss our Feb. weekend! Good resolutions Amy!