Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Re-Cap

Happy New Year. On Jan. 9, 2009 I started this blog. Nearly one year later I am pleased with how I've utilized it and I like to think I've developed my writing skills. I printed off my favorite 2009 blogs for my scrapbook album. Some of the stories will hopefully bring some entertainment to the boys and I in the years to come. Time flies by so fast I often forget little details that encompassed so much of my life, whether it was which one of my boys said what or what "thing" they were into. This blog has been a good way for me to document their actions/sayings in a fun, humorous way.
2009 was a really good year. Here's what happened:
-Jay turned 7 in January, Nick turned 3 in April. I celebrated my 35th birthday in May and came to realization that no matter how much I spend on facial products, I will still get zits.
-We made the most progress on our home. We got a yard established. Mike finished our breakfast bar and started the difficult job of designing our fireplace (more to come on that).
-It was the wettest spring, summer and fall I can ever remember.
-Jay got his tonsils out in August. It was the best thing for him. He hasn't been sick a day since he got them out.
-Nick's obsession with penguins reached its peak this Christmas when he added his GIANT penguin to his family of 4, Giant made it a happy family of 5. People bought him penguin xmas ornanments, bath toys, etc...
-I worked in Public Affairs from April until the end of November. It was refreshing to write and work with new people. But I'm happy to be back working claims. One thing I learned was writing is truly my passion. I would love to write a book one day. But I also learned there is something to be said about coming to work, doing a good job and not thinking about it when you go home.
-Mike started working crazy hours and picks Jay up from school everyday. Father and son are like two peas in a pod. I am in awe of Mike on almost a daily basis. Everything he does he does with a positive attitude and such calmness and he has been Jay's rock (and often mine) when it comes to school work.
-Nick started going to Pre-K in October. He goes to the same school as Jay now. This is one of those details I don't ever want to forget. There is something so sweet putting your 3 year old on a school bus every morning.
-We went to Disney in December. It was a magical vacation and I look forward to going again - one day.
So here's to 2010!

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

happy new year I am so glad you got me hooked on bloggin too