Monday, September 27, 2010

Quirks/habits I've established in motherhood

*Locking the door when I'm in the bathroom. The boys think nothing of just coming into the bathroom when I'm in there! I've learned to lock the door everytime or else I'll have an audience.
*Doing a load of laundry everyday
*When I'm driving I can identify construction equipment that ranges from skid steers, graders, excavators, wheel loaders, back hoes.......need I go on?
*I've learned to love and appreciate penguins and giraffes almost as much as Nick
*Licking my finger to wipe the boy's mouths - this is a quirk I hate but can't help that I do it anyway. My mom use to do this to me growing up and I hated it. I swore I would never do it - Funny how I've developed one of my mother's quirks that drove me nuts.
*I've got this odd habit of always putting Jay's football pads in wrong - everytime! It drives Jay crazy. He's usually trying to fix his pads around while we're en-route to football. I tell him to stop complaing, at least I've learned how to put his cup back in his jock strap correctly!

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOL I used to HATE when my mom did the lick and wipe thing, and now I do it, too! Also I'd cringe when she swept crumbs off the table into her hand and I do that, too. And picking my child's buggars out for him-there's one you don't picture as you contemplate the joys of motherhood! Ha! I relate to the construction vehicles one too. Oh, the fun of being a Mommy of boys!