Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shiloh

This summer my mom bought Jay a chapter book, "Shiloh." It's about a little boy who acquires a dog from an owner who mistreats his dogs. It's a really sweet story. On the days my mom kept Jay she would read a chapter to him. I got the impression that some days were better than others - it all depended on what mood Jay was in - whether or not he wanted to sit and listen to his nana read to him. But my mom always said that even on days when Jay acted like he could careless about "Shiloh" he could tell my mom and me what a particular chapter was about. My mom ended up buying Jay the series in the "Shiloh" chapter books and I have picked up where she left off this summer and Jay LOVES it! Many nights I finish a chapter and Jay begs me to read more. It's been fun to see Jay so enthusiast about reading and it warms my mom's heart to know she started it. Thanks Mom!!!

No comments: