Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Coconuts, Asian Pears & Lobster Tails

We are officially trying to break free of the food rut we are in. It seems like I make the same thing over and over again. I can't believe I'm actually going to admit this in writing but about 4 months ago Mike took over much of the dinner time cooking and since then our taste buds have really been thankful! The boys are really into trying new things. Jay loves all those "Wild" shows on the Discovery channel - Shows that include, "Man Vs. Wild," "Man, Woman, Wild," etc....anyway he learned that coconut is a really good liquid to have if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere. Mike picked one up and for giggles, we broke it open tonight to give it a try. All four of us agreed, it was DISGUSTING!
Nick is proving to be our child with rather "snoody" tastes. Recently he decided he likes asian pears - Nick can't just settle for a regular pear, Oh No, he wants an asian pear. Then we learned that his all time favorite food (and I'm not kidding) is lobster tails. Needless to say, he costs us a fortune when we go out to dinner and he no longer eats from the kids menu.
Here is Mike getting ready to break open the coconut. He has that goofy grin because he can't figure out why I'm snapping pictures of him chopping up a coconut. Duh - Because I want to blog it!

And here's just sweet Jay and I. His eyes are kind of closed but I think it's still a good picture. He took this picture without me threatening or bribing him - mission accomplished.


No comments: