Friday, November 19, 2010

Nick's dreams

There are so many things with Nick right now that I wish I could just capture and keep forever. I've asked him several times if he could be age 4 for about 2-3 years, instead of just a year! He always shakes his head YES! But I know that isn't going to happen - come April 30, he'll be 5 and he'll be headed to kindergarten next fall. It hardly seems possible.
Nick has been struggling with bad dreams lately. There are so many times I wish I had blogged when Jay was little because I vaguely remember him having bad dreams at age 4 or 5. Last night when I put Nick to bed he cried a little (which isn't like him) because he was scared to fall asleep in fear of having another bad dream. Nick sleeps with a dozen or so animals so I put all his animals around him and assured him his animals would keep him safe. About 30 minutes later I went in to check on him and he was almost asleep but he opened his eyes and said in his little 4 year old voice, "Mom, I'm trying to have good thoughts. I'm thinking of the giraffes at the Peoria Zoo." What a sweet and innocent statement. If we adults could only get to our "giraffe happy spot" when we are stressed, what a world of difference it would make! Love you, Nick.

No comments: