Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oh, the things kids say

This morning as I was helping Nick get his shoes on, out of the blue he announces to me, "Mom, I do not say the words poop, penis, turd or butt crack at school." I patted him on the head and told him to keep aiming high! What else can you say to that?
The past 8 days have been crazy (hence why I have not kept up on my blog). First off, I've been sick and finally went to the doctor only to find out I have bronchitis. Then, remember Jay's eczema last week? I'm happy to report that is 10 times better. Nick has been sounding just like, me, however. He's hoarse and has a wet, lingering cough. I took him to the doctor and sure enough, bronchitis so we are two peas in a pod. But as we were waiting in the waiting room a heavier set woman came in and checked in at the front desk. Nick loudly says to me, "Look Mom, that lady is having a baby!" I wanted to die. The moment I had always dreaded just happened, not that I was surprised it was Nick. To be fair to Nick, he's only 4 and he truly thought this woman was having a baby. And so it goes until next time.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

You can blame that one on me. Oh and he probably got sick because he loves to kiss you so much (haha)