Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The after Christmas reality check

I have been fortunate enough to take some time off work and spend it at home. It's been lovely and the time is never enough. I don't mean to complain because I am thankful but I'm not ready to head back to work tomorrow and since I'm not a teacher or government worker I face all of January, February, March, April and most of May with no time off! Ugh. It's kind of daunting, if you think about it. The alarm goes off at 5am in the dead of winter and it can be a long couple of months. But that's not what this blog is about - sorry I was sounding a little negative there. Ha! I have spent my vacation inhaling whatever food I could get in my mouth and never stepping foot on a treadmill! If I eat more one of those peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses I think I'll turn into a giant hershey kiss. My fridge is packed full of left overs, sweets, wine, you name it, we probably have it! I've spent my evenings reading in front of the fire with a bowl of peppermint ice cream and those darn peanut butter/hershey kiss cookies. I kept telling myself it was okay because I NEVER get to just sit and relax which is true but stuffing food into my mouth is unfortunately one of my favorite past times, along with a good glass of wine which doesn't help my waist line either. I wouldn't dream of getting on a scale right now and I'm sure when I stuff myself into my work pants tomorrow I'll feel and look like a sausage. Needless to say I plan on becoming really good friends with my gym and actually getting good use out of my membership - at least that's my hope. I'm more of a "good enough" kind of person. I hope to lose about 15 lbs but I may lose 5 and say, "Good enough!" In any case the peanut butter/hershey kiss cookies are going to be served to Jay and his buddies today and if there are any left they are hitting the trash tonight!

No comments: