Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Here it is Christmas Eve! As usual the month of December flew by. I love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and by Dec. 26 I'm a little depressed, it's such a let down after Christmas. This was truly a nice Christmas Eve. Some highlights:
*We ended up missing church due to the weather (one of the highlights). Mom, Kim and I can only remember 2 other times (tonight makes 3 times) we have ever missed Christmas eve church. The first time was the year my mom was married to Thom and we went to Springfield to spend it with his family. The second time was the year Lauren was in the hospital and the third time was tonight. The church service we were going to go to got cancelled and the snow was coming down in buckets.
*As I'm writing this at 9:15 p.m., we have gotten 5 inches of snow and it's still snowing.
*The minute we walked in the door tonight Jay started writing a letter. Mike and I were busy bringing in packages from Nana's house. When we had a moment to catch our breath, we read the note. It said, "Santa, I always wanted a dog." It was the note Jay left for Santa. He was too cute tonight. He put out the cookies, poured some milk and left his note with the cookies and milk. I wondered if Jay still believed this Christmas and clearly he still does.
I'll post pictures over the weekend. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: