Saturday, April 23, 2011

13 years and counting

Recently I was watching a movie about a wedding. The bride was walking down the aisle with her groom. She was clearly having doubts about marrying him. She began quizzing him: What's my favorite color? What's my favorite food? What's my favorite flower? To validate her feelings of uncertainity her soon to be husband knew none of the answers and they didn't get married. I had to chuckle to myself because on April 25 Mike and I will be married for 13 years and we've been together for 17 years and I can tell you he doesn't know the answer to any of those questions. Here's what he does know. He knows I snore and loudly and when I insist I'll sleep on the couch he whole heartedly refuses. He says he sleeps better with me in bed - even if I do snore! He knows I like to read in bed so without being asked he installed a remote control light switch I can use without having to get out of bed - truly, a beautiful thing, ha! He knows I hum and he just shakes his head! He knows I like flowers planted every spring and every spring when I buy them he plants them for me. I could go on and on but the point is if I were to have gotten hung up on the "little" things some 13 years ago then I would have missed the bigger picture. Happy 13th Anniversary, Mike, Life with you is steadfast, loving, funny and never boring!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Aww! Happy almost anniversary! I think the "what's my favorite food" is particularly unfair because I have so many and they change so often. Ha!