Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slowly but surely

Today was Palm Sunday. As we were headed out the door for church I heard Jay say, "I hate church." I cringed and said an extra prayer for him and me. There are several reasons why I believe Jay feels this way but that's another blog. There are so many times when I want to throw my hands up and tell the Lord I've given up but of course, I know that is not acceptable. The service today was so nice and I was so thankful. It seemed to "speak" to Jay. There was a young couple from Nashville, Jacob and Katie Eckeberger, who make up the duo, My Anchor Holds. I heard Katie sing at Hearts at Home Conference in March and talk about AMAZING! Jay loved how Jacob played the guitar and Katie sang her heart out. Katie sang one song that the congregation could follow along with in our hymnals. Jay grabbed a hymnal and I heard my boy singing along . I almost had a stroke during the service! Later, during the Lord's Prayer Jay recited it from start to finish with the rest of the congregation. I say the Lord's Prayer with Jay nearly every night. Many nights I wonder if he's even paying attention. When I heard Jay singing during church and saying the Lord's Prayer - although it was a small thing - it was the little "sign" from above that I needed to remind me to keep on keeping on and leave the rest to Him.

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

You are SO RIGHT. Keep it up, girl! I'm sure it's just a stage & that Jay will get there. I pray that he loves Jesus with his whole heart. You got this!

Katie said...

Awww, that gave me goose bumps! I too pray for my precious little boys to grow up knowing and understanding how much God loves them, and accepting His plan for their lives. As a child I didn't always enjoy church, either, but I eventually figured out that He was with me all the time, not just on Sundays. :)