Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thoughts on turning 5 - according to Nick

On April 30 my "baby" will turn 5. I can hardly believe it! I've had some entertaining conversations with Nick about turning 5. He is so excited about his birthday. He never misses an opportunity to talk about the upcoming event. Recently he announced he was patiently waiting to turn 5 and everyday he asks me "how many more days until my birthday?" Tonight while we were making dinner I asked Nick if he was excited about turning 5. His response, "I'm nervous about turning 5." I asked him why he would be nervous and his response was simple, "Just because." Well can I just say I'm nervous about him turning 5 too so like mother, like son. Ha. I wish I could slow time down - just a little. I don't want to stop time but I vividly remember taking Jay to Kindergarten and it seems like yesterday. How time flies........

1 comment:

Nathan and Megan said...

Hey girl: The Marriage Retreat we went to was in Decatur at Camp Warren. It was just a Friday night/Saturday morning thing. Our church coordinated it but anyone was invited. It was GREAT. The theme was "Fighting FOR your marriage & not fighting IN your marriage." I have looked into The Family Life ones like what you mentioned & they are outrageous $. Ours was only $40. A great deal!