Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nick and his animals

Even though Nick will be 5 in 16 days his love of animals - specifically penguins and girafees - has only intensified. I had to take Nick to the doctor the other day. He had a sinus infection. At the grocery store as we were waiting for his prescription to be filled he suckered me into yet another giraffe. Meet Ginger, the girl giraffe. That evening he got himself tucked in on the couch under his giraffe blankie (thank you Holly Kelson) and Ginger! Nick is at such a sweet age and I want to savor every moment because I know someday he'll be so over his love of penguins and giraffes. Mike and I do joke that he'll probably tuck one of his favorites in his suit pocket when he walks down the aisle one day. Yet thinking about that, I'm thinking that's just weird. Mommy loves you, Nick!
It's true that penguins and giraffes are Nick's favorite animals but sometimes he surprises us. The other night he told us he wanted to be a zebra next Halloween. Just to make sure we got the point he went to bed with his zebra mask on and fell asleep with it on. All I can say is only Nick.

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

Oh my word! TOO FUNNY! I love that picture. You can totally use that for the wedding slideshow in about 20 years :)

Katie said...

That is hysterical!!! And so cute!! What a sweetie pie. Will you be adding "Zebra Mommy" to your Halloween resume? ;)