Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's all about shoe size

Recently Jay needed new basketball shoes.  We took him out and got his feet measured so he could get a shoe that fit properly.  I about fell over when the sales clerk told us Jay is one size away from being in a man's size shoe!!  I guess I should have figured that out when just this week he slipped on my tennis shoes and they fit.  There is something else that correlates with a bigger shoe size and that is more money especially when you're trying to keep a 9 year old fitted for different seasons of sports.  I have officially crossed over from affordable shoes to insanely expensive athletic shoes!  And the fact that Jay is almost wearing a man's size shoe is just another reminder he's getting older.  On the night we went shoe shopping we also went out for dinner.  I told Jay he needed to change before we went out which translates to put on something decent.  The picture above is what he came down in.  He was sporting his new rugby, his Levi's jeans with a belt and that killer smile with his big brown eyes!

No comments: