Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jay excited.........say it aint so!

If I haven't blogged it before I've said it before, giving birth to Jay was easier than getting information out of him!  And to be quite honest it takes a lot to get Jay really excited.  That is not to say he's lazy because trust me you've never met such an energetic kid.  He is just like his dad.  He appreciates things, likes being with his family but doesn't get too excited - like the jumping up and down and talking about it constantly excited.  The boy is almost 10 and I've seen him really excited twice.  The first time was when he got his four wheeler.  He was 8!  The second time was just a few months ago when we told him he we we're going to get a dog.  I think I actually got a squeal of delight from that one.  I remember the weeks leading up to our Disney trip (Jay was 7, almost 8), Jay would occassionally ask questions and don't get me wrong he was counting down the days but he slept just fine the night before we left and there was never any jumping up and down with excitement - even when we showed up at the park!  But that's my Jay.
To give you an ide of where Jay gets this trait from.  Flashback 13 years ago to my wedding day.  On the day of our wedding people asked Mike several times, "Aren't you so excited for your big day?"  Mike's response always was clear and concise, "I'm happy I'm getting married but honestly at the end of the day all I care about is the prime rib I ate and my wife."  No jumping up and down I'm so excited in that response but it doesn't lessen how Mike felt that day.  He enjoyed himself but when it was all said and done all he cared about was the prime rib on his plate and making sure he went home with his new bride.  Switching gears back to Jay.  When I picked him up from school today he bounced into the car.  He had so much bounce I thought of Tigger - a comparison I make more with Nick than Jay!  He was all smiles and proudly announced he had scored 100% on his timed multipication test!  The kids take this test everyday and Jay has always fallen short.  He either can't get them all done in the time allowed or if he does get them done, some of them are wrong!  Jay was so excited (did I actually write that?).  I was proud of him and told him so.  He was beaming!  He even admitted to giving his teacher a high - five!  So even though Jay's level of excitement is sometimes minimal at best....you just just never know what curve ball your kids will throw at you and certainly I savor those moments. 

No comments: