Wednesday, April 25, 2012

14 years

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary.  I look at the above picture and I think......Wow, Mike and I were so young.  I was 23 (almost 24) and Mike was 25.  Fast forward 14 years and we have two boys, a morgage, full time jobs and sometimes the stress level in our house can get really high but as lame and mushy as it sounds Mike is still that 25 year old boy I married back in 1998!  And I'm still that 23 year old girl.  We have some extra poundage, hair loss (that's all Mike, ha) and wrinkles but one thing that has remained constant amongst the weight gains, hair loss, stress levels and wrinkles is our love for each other and the laughter in our house.  My mom has always said she thinks we bring the best out in each other (thanks Mom) and I believe that is true.  So what have I learned in 14 years?  Compromise is huge, keep talking and make lots of time for.........Okay, I'll end right there but hey, I'm just saying. 

1 comment:

Nathan and Megan said...

Happy 14 years! Wow! I love the photo :)